- No products in the cart.
This Policy answers these questions:
- What information is collected and how is it used?
- How is technology used to serve our advertisements on other online services and what choices do you have?
- How do our Services interact with third-party services and content?
- What information do we share with third parties and our sister brands (or what information may they access because of the services they provide to us)?
- What choices do you have over how your information is used?
- How do you update your personal information?
- How do we secure your information on our Services?
- Where is personal information stored and processed?
- Whom should you contact with questions or concerns?
- When was this Policy last updated?
What information is collected and how is it used?
- Information You Actively Provide through our Services You actively provide personal information when you visit our Services to do all the things typically associated with online services. Examples of the personal information we collect include name, address, phone number, email address, personal preferences, payment card number, purchase and ordering information, demographic information, responses to survey questions, sizing information and any other information you choose to provide. Our Services may also give you the option to upload or share pictures or videos of yourself and others. You know what information you directly provide, because you are affirmatively and actively submitting the information. This information is collected at various places on our Services: for instance, when you check out with your online order; engage with our mobile applications; subscribe to catalogs, email offers, and mobile messaging offers; participate in surveys; join Colette Lingerie; enter contests or sweepstakes; or interact with special-event or program offers.We may also collect information that you provide on our Services about people you know. For example, we collect your gift recipient’s contact information to process your gift orders. We may also collect contact information about your friends and family members when you participate in one of our refer-a-friend programs. In these instances, we may send a message to your friend or family member on your behalf. Please ensure that you only submit email addresses of individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship and who would want to receive the message from you.
- 2. Information Your Devices Provide Automatically
- a. Location Information You may provide information about your location when you access or use our Services.
- b. Navigational Information When you access our Services, your computer, phone, or other device provides navigational information, such as browser type and version, service-provider identification, IP address, the site or online service from which you came, and the site or online service to which you navigate.
- c. Device Information You also provide information about the computer or mobile device used to access our Services, such as the hardware model, operating system and version, identification numbers assigned to your mobile device, such as the ID for Advertising (IDFA) on Apple devices, and the Advertising ID on Android devices, mobile network information, and website or app usage behavior.
- 3. Purposes of Information Collection We use personal information about you, which is collected through the Services to:
- process your online orders;
- open an online account at your request;
- personalize your online experience with content and offers that are tailored to your interests;
- provide customer service, whether it’s responding to a request or following up on an order;
- include you in surveys and contests;
- enable you to post your content, such as comments, images or videos;
- facilitate networks of online social activity centered around our products and services;
- improve our Services, the manner in which offers are made on our Services, the purchase decisions of our visitors, and the interactions visitors have with our Services;
- improve your experience with our Services: for example through faster, better, smarter, and more customized online interactions;
- enable you to interact with third-party content service providers, whether by linking to their sites, viewing their content within our online environment, or by viewing our content within their online environment;
- market our products and services that may be of interest to you–for instance, we may add you to the Colette Lingerie and Colette Lingerie Network email list when you make an online purchase or sign up to receive emails; or we may add you to Colette Lingerie print-catalogue list when you make an online purchase or to the Colette email list if you sign up for Colette Lingerie; and create aggregated, pseudonomized or anonymized information for statistical purposes.
Information Others Observe or Collect through Technology
We evaluate and select third-party service providers to help us provide certain features on our Services and analyze our visitors’ preferences for us, through the use of such services as Google Analytics. These service providers may use some or all the technologies described above.
How is technology used to serve our advertisements on other online services and what choices do you have?
We contract with third-party advertising companies, which may collect information about your use and interactions with the Services, over time and across third-party websites and online services, for use in delivering tailored online display and banner advertising to you on other websites and online services. To serve this advertising, these third-party companies place, use, or rely on the technologies described above, including cookies, clear gifs, device identifiers and similar technologies to obtain information about customer interactions with us through our Services and interactions with other online services. These companies use the information they collect to serve you ads that are targeted to your interests.
For information about opt-out programs that these third party advertising companies participate in, and to opt out of the use of website browsing data for interest-based advertising by companies that participate in these programs, click the following: NAI Opt Out or, DAA Opt Out. To opt out of the use of data collected from the mobile applications on your device to serve ads that are targeted to your interests, consult the settings on your device. You can also click the preference icon that may appear on some of our advertising served through use of these technologies.
How do our Services interact with third-party services and content?
We link to third-party sites and services, or otherwise display third-party content through our Services. We do this for your convenience. We don’t endorse or generally have any affiliation with these third parties.
Here are examples of the types of third-party content and services available through or via our Services:
- 1. Interactive Maps
- We may facilitate easy access to the online maps of content providers like Google. There you can get quick location, driving, and contact information for our stores.
- 2. Sweepstakes, Contests, and Survey Sites
- 3. Social Networking and other Third-Party Sites and Services
- 5. International Checkout
What information do we share with third parties and our sister brands (or what information may they access because of the services they provide to us)?
We may share information about you with third parties, as described below, and as otherwise described in this Policy:
- 1. Our Sister Brands We may share the information described in this Policy, like postal and email address, customer preferences, and purchase history with affiliated entities that operate our sister brands so they may market to you.
- 2. Contractors We use third-party service providers and contractors to help handle parts of our business because of their expertise, resources, or scale. They help us do things like fulfill orders, process payments, provide some customer service through chat features, monitor activity on our Services, serve surveys and provide analysis from the surveys (which could be combined with Services usage analytics), maintain databases, administer and monitor emails, administer and send mobile messages, serve ads on this and other Services and provide consulting services. Contractors may also assist us in hosting microsites, mobile websites and mobile applications where you may provide personal information about yourself and others you know; and where they may observe information about you in the same way as described above (see What Information Is Collected and How Is It Used?).
- 3. Other Marketers We may share your name, postal address, and summary purchase information with other merchants and merchant exchanges. Other merchants may, in turn, use this information to send you offers for their products and services. We will obtain your consent for this sharing in jurisdictions where it is legally required. If you don’t want this information shared with these merchants and exchanges, please click here, and select Nondisclosure of Personal Information Request for the Email Subject and then complete the form.
- 4. Law Enforcement and Emergency Response We may disclose specific information about visitors to our Services if we have a good-faith belief that it’s necessary or authorized under the law or to protect our customers, the public, or our business.
- 5. Sale or Merger In the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation), including a brand or line of business, information about you may be one of the business assets that is transferred in connection with the transaction.
What choices do you have over how your information is used?
- Email You may remove yourself from the Colette Lingerie and Colette Lingerie Network email list by following the removal instructions located at the bottom of each commercial email or by completing the removal from email form. If you have joined Colette Lingerie, you may receive Colette Lingerie email. If at any time you’d like to stop future delivery of Colette Lingerie email offers, simply follow the removal instructions located at the bottom of each Colette Lingerie message. Opting out of any of these emails will not stop operational or transactional messages such as password-reset or account related information from the brand or line of business in question. We may occasionally provide you with the opportunity to opt in to receive email messages from third parties. If you do opt in, we’ll share your email address with the specific third party in question. Please review their privacy policies to see how they treat your personal information.
- Cookies Your browser may offer the ability to block or delete cookies from your device. Simply follow your browser’s instructions on how to block and clear cookies.
How do you update your personal information?
We need your help to keep your personal information accurate and up-to-date. You may update or modify your billing- and shipping-related information, and other account information on Amazon directly. You may also update or modify your postal mailing information.
How do we secure your information on our Services?
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect through our Services against accidental, unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. While we implement the above security measures on our site, you should be aware that 100% security is never possible.
Where is personal information stored and processed?
Our premises are in Ireland. We work with affiliated and unaffiliated service providers in the United States, the United Kingdom, and other jurisdictions around the world.
Whom should you contact with questions or concerns?
If you have general questions about our Policy, please feel free to contact us by letter or email at:
ATTN: Privacy Matter
When was this Policy last updated?
This Policy was last updated on January 10 2019.
Supplemental Privacy & Cookie Notice for Visitors from the European Economic Area – GDPR
European Union Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016, governing the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (“EU GDPR”), requires us to provide additional and different information about our data processing practices to data subjects in the EEA.
Cookies. We use the following web cookies and other information technologies to provide features on our web and mobile sites to users in the EEA, including cookies that deliver basic visitor experiences, fuller website experiences such as interactivity with third-party content, and our interest-based advertising on other websites.
The following types of cookies (and cookie technology) are enabled when a web or mobile user visits this website:
|Cookie / Technology Type||Function|
|User-Input Cookies||Enables visitors’ input, choices, or selections across their website experience. Examples include maintaining a shopping cart during a visit or a form throughout a transaction.|
|Authentication Cookies||Identifies visitors through the website after they log in.|
|Multimedia Player Cookies||Ensures such things as image quality, network link speed, or buffer information for video and audio playback.|
|Load-balancing Session Cookies||Directs website traffic to a particular datacenter for the quickest website access, and enables visitors to return to that datacenter if needed.|
|Visitor Customization Cookies||Stores preferences and visitor experiential histories: remembers language preference, product-page display preference, and whether certain visitor experiences should be displayed, such as email marketing signup, based on past experiences.|
|Social Media Plug-in Cookies||These cookies from social media platforms (like Facebook and Instagram) facilitate content sharing on those platforms.|
|@Interest Based Advertising Cookies||Enables our advertising vendors to deliver tailored ads to our visitors on other websites. The ads are based on a visitor’s combined online and offline (e.g. in-store) shopping history and experience with us, as well with our vendors’ network of advertisers.|
|Analytics Cookies||Enables us to do things like estimate number of visitors, detect most used search-engine keywords that lead to a webpage, measure page load times, administer visitor surveys, identify navigation issues, and improve web capabilities.|
We, the data controller, are Colette Lingerie
Our data protection officer is:
As exceptions, we rely on your consent with respect to cookies and direct marketing emails per Art. 6.1(a) EU GDPR, and legitimate interests under Art. 6.1(f) EU GDPR, especially with respect to situations where we must process your personal data to comply with applicable laws (as a Ireland.-based company, we are subject to Ireland. laws and must comply, just like EEA-based companies have to comply with EEA laws).
Recipients or categories of recipients of your personal data are employees of our company and affiliated and non-affiliated services providers who have a need to know.
We will process and keep your personal information for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy, for our legitimate business needs, and for compliance with the law.
You have a right to request from us these EU GDPR rights concerning your personal data: access to data; rectification of data; erasure of data; restriction on processing; objection to data processing; and data portability. You can exercise these rights through a combination of actions: accessing the information in your account; exercising your opt-out options through our Services; If you have provided consent for direct marketing emails or other data processing, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
You have the right to lodge a complaint.
We do not use automated decision-making, including profiling, as referred to in Article 22(1) EU GDPR, that is, in a way that produces legal effects concerning you or significantly affects you. Our Services’ customization technologies and e-commerce processes are automated, but do not produce legal effects or affect you significantly as contemplated by Art. 22(1) or (2) EU GDPR.
You can contact us with any questions, or to exercise your rights by email firstname.lastname@example.org.